Friday, November 04, 2005

ABC News: Improve Your Odds of Kicking the Smoking Habit: "Improve Your Odds of Kicking the Smoking HabitHelp Lines, Nicotine Replacement Products Increase Chances of Success

SEATTLE, Nov. 3, 2005 -- Every year, millions of Americans try to quit smoking, and millions fail. It's not surprising -- researchers say most are going about it all wrong. "


No kidding. A while ago, I tried quitting cold turkey. I lasted about a week. I was a complete wreck. I couldn't get anything done. I'd burst into tears. It was torture.

I have a new plan. My mom goes away to housesit for a friend in a very small isolated town for three months in the winter. I'm planning on quitting the week before I go visit her for a week. I read that the second week is possibly worse than the first. And this time I'm using the patch! So, if I'm still a wreck the second week, at least I'll be on vacation with little responsibility and my mom to deal with me being on an emotional roller-coster. Poor Mom.




No comments: